Applications due Friday, December 31st, 2021
WHAT IS THE BADASS FELLOWS PROGRAM?
BADASS = Black Achievers, Doers, and Aspiring Super Stars
BADASS Fellows is a six-week program for the Black+ community at James Madison University, as well as non-Black+ folk who wish to be better allies in the workforce.
- Black+ students: we’ll explore mechanisms of racism, hold space for each other, and build tools of resilience in order to fortify your soul.
- Allies: As a community, we will hold the experience of Black+ participants at the center.
Program Dates: January 3rd – February 14th, 2022
- Week 1: Modern-day: School to prison pipeline.
- Week 2: Jim Crow-era impact on Black economics.
- Week 3: Race as a human construct. When was America great?
- Week 4: Motown, Landownership, Healthcare, and more.
- Week 5: Poverty by Design.*
- Week 6: Race at Work + Economics.*
* Features industry professionals who will help students understand how they have overcome these factors in their professional and personal lives. Learn more at https://realindustry.org/badass.