Partner with us!
Does your organization face local or global challenges in healthcare, education or security?
Are you aware of a technology that could transform your industry but you don’t have time to explore it?
Does your organization have long–range design problems that you don’t have the resources to solve yourself?
What if you could hire graduates who are ready to start working on your top needs from day one?
JMU X-Labs collaborates with distinguished government and industry organizations that give multidisciplinary student teams real-world experience. We invite industry professionals who are eager to plug into our expanding programs to submit real problems to be included in our curriculum and apply to work directly with these exceptional students and faculty.
To become an approved JMU X-Labs client partner or problem sponsor, here’s what we need from you:
- A defined project category/topic area for students that aligns with the goals of your organization. We commonly tackle big challenges that can’t be fully addressed in a single semester, so we encourage you to think big. Our team will review projects/topics to determine how well they fit the JMU X-Labs mission, process and vision.
- One or two people who are accessible for student interviews. It’s important for the students to have access to people in your industry to ask questions. This process engages the students on a completely new level and is a critical part of the class. We are looking for one or two people from your organization who would be available to be interviewed by students about the topic area that you defined for about 20-30 minutes once every few weeks.
- Coverage of costs incurred as a result of project research and development
As an approved JMU X-Labs client partner or problem sponsor, here’s what we offer your organization:
- One or more semester-long class projects based on your interests
- An invitation to the students’ final presentation of their solutions
- Access to the student base/an introduction to our most qualified students for jobs or internships
- Your logo displayed on jmuxlabs.org, social media and at the final presentation