Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Organizations can now intelligently optimize how work gets done—by humans working with robots—across the enterprise from a central end-to-end platform. This enables organizations to more effectively automate tasks, streamline processes, increase employee productivity, and ultimately deliver more satisfying customer experiences.
JMU X-Labs is partnering with BRMi to “create a student learning path for the technology” and “will cover a variety of business and education applications for RPA as well as the means and methods to intelligently optimize work performance” (See BRMi to Teach Robotic Process Automation at JMU).
In this advanced introductory course, students explore a variety of business and education applications for robotic process automation (RPA) such as:
- Customer onboarding – Using optical character recognition (OCR) and cognitive automation
- Automating legacy billing systems
- Creating regular reports from multiple enterprise systems that employ smart reporting to determine who gets the report based on critical data elements
- Improving customer service satisfaction by synchronizing data across multiple systems in real time
- Automate help desk and troubleshooting with a full-featured bot system designed to answer the most common issues
- Improve course registration, enrollment, and administrative processes
- Take and report daily attendance
- Support cognitive learning and improve online coursework
Intelligent Automation refers to the application of Artificial Intelligence and related new technologies, including Computer Vision, Cognitive Automation, and Machine Learning to Robotic Process Automation. This convergence of technologies produces automation capabilities that dramatically elevate business value and competitive advantages for many industries. In this course, we will fast-track some key aspects of RPA development using the UiPath platform. An accelerated immersion class section spanning four weeks will prepare you for exposure to higher cognitive components within the platform. Specifically, document understanding, AI, and computer vision techniques that will demonstrate a wide use of technologies in the IA space. We will complete the course with a group assignment that will showcase a meaningful use-case that emulates real-world business problems.
Robotic Process Automation
CISE 480-0002 (17135)
Interested in this class?
Fill out a Spring 2021 Class Interest Form.
- Does your organization face local or global challenges in healthcare, education or security?
- Are you aware of a technology that could transform your industry but you don’t have time to explore it?
- Does your organization have long–range design problems that you don’t have the resources to solve yourself?
- What if you could hire graduates who are ready to start working on your top needs from Day One?